Joining Jen once again.
There is no theme, order, or purpose to these takes. You’re welcome.
1. Ryan’s had a rough week, so I decided to make him a nice treat last night. And, no, not just a smoothie, which I usually pass off as “dessert.” I’m a big apple crisp fan, but last night I took it up a notch and made this. It was amazing. I’d like to inform you that I didn’t make it healthier at all. Not a drop of agave nectar, not a crumb of flax seed. Well, I guess the pears and apples were organic. Next time, maybe I’ll go crazy and use the pesticide ones.
2. This morning I decided to brave the playgroup/Mom’sgroup at my parish. I’ve been on the email list for a few weeks now, but even though I’m an extrovert, new situations are stress stress stressful for my awkward, spazzy self. I decided to be about 10-15 minutes late [that’s still fashionable, right?]. I followed the directions carefully, but there wasn’t a single car parked in the driveway, none in the street in front of the house. I drove past three or four times, one of which a cop car was right behind me. Surely he made note of my plates. Since I was sans iPhone, I called Ryan at work. He opened up my email, and confirmed the address and time. Being the stalker he is, Ryan even opened up google maps and confirmed the appearance of the house. I almost just gave up and went to go find something to eat, but I’m glad I didn’t, because more moms (and even a SAHdad) showed up with lots of cute kiddos. It was delightful. And there were cupcakes.
3. I didn’t want my Miss Grabby McGraberson pawing at my cupcake, so I intelligently handed her a couple little tomatoes. And her sweater was mostly white.
4. Does anyone know how to get tomato stains out of white sweaters?
5. Things are coming along with the house, albeit s-l-o-w-y. I’m really happy with “our” rug choices thus far. For those of you who know me, I think you’ll be surprised at my color choices. Sneak peek:
5.b. Here is a sneak peek at the dining room chairs. They are still drying in these pics, in case you care. At the rate I’m coming with these, I think they’ll be ready for Mena’s Sweet 16 party:
6. Raise your hand if you cried during Max’s election speech this week on Parenthood.
Happy weekend. Tonight my twin 5-year-old nieces come over for a sleepover. I’m sure it will be a very sophisticated soiree.