I’m feeling boring and uninspired today, so we’ll see if I make it to seven.
1. When going through old pictures, I found this beaut from about this time last year, when I was very, very pregnant. Keep in mind that we were surprised by the gender of the baby, but I just *knew* s/he was as a girl [aka, I really wanted a girl, but you’re not supposed to say that]. So, when I saw this graffiti, I insisted Ryan take my picture, just in case the baby ended up being of the female persuasion. This would have been really embarrassing if Philomena was a boy. [Cover the eyes of youngin’s who can recognize words.]
2. Related, Mena now says “duck” (in reference to her rubber duckie), but she replaces the “u” with an “i” sound. It makes me laugh a lot, which makes her do it even more.
3. I’ll probably write another ramble-y post about it, but my current house DIY project involves figuring out a creative lighting solution for our dark, dark, dark (at night) kitchen. I thought Mr. Google and I had the perfect idea, but after wandering around Lowe’s with Miss Clingy for the majority of yesterday afternoon, when I got home I realized that pretty much nothing I purchased would work.
4. So, I had some wine.
5. I am really, really looking forward to Advent this year. Two years ago, I was in major wedding-planning-stress mode. And last year was kind of a blur, with the whole super-pregnant/overdue/laboring for a week nonsense. I know I should have been really united with Mary, just as she was waiting for her Son. And I tried, I really did, but it was tough. Anyway, my heart is longing for some peace and anticipation of Beauty. Ryan and I are discussing what traditions we’re going to start with our little family. I’ll let you if any end up working particularly well.
6. In the same vein, I have some Advent decor ideas, but they involve a little creativity, and my mind is almost creative-empty at this point. If I get around to them and feel confident enough in the outcome, I’ll take some pictures.
7. I just heard the coffeepot ding, so that’s my cue to end this most. boring. post ever. Jen’s are much more interesting. Go there.