2. My first foray into mothering a sick child left me undramatic, unwhiney, unworried, and totally chill about the whole situation. [Not.]
3. Philomena was quite literally attached to me for about 36 hours straight, save a blessed 15 minutes when she allowed her father to give her a bath, while her mother changed her puked-up-medicine-laden clothes. Apparently, Mena’s sophisticated palate will not tolerate medicine, even if it is stealthily hidden in applesauce, watered down in a sippy cup, or slipped into a bottle of Mama’s milk. Gagged up every. single. time. [TMI?] i
phonepod-ed evidence of Her Highness, Duchess of Clingyville:
4. After a particularly dramatic doctor’s appointment [for me, the baby giggled the entire time- no joke], I decided to get a treat at the ‘ol Starbucks. I tried the salted carmel mocha for the first time. It was a resounding “meh.” I felt ashamed of the money I spent on such an underwhelming treat.
5. Speaking of drinks, last night I slipped some spiced rum into my hot apple cider. Now THAT, my friends, is a treat.
6. Speaking of last night, Ryan was gone, and you know that when we ladies are alone, things get pretty crazy. Evidence in the video
below. Please excuse my make-up-less, exhausted self. [Also, my daughter is not a midget, but she slouches in her highchair, which gives a lovely floating-head effect.]
For some reason, the video wouldn’t embed in this post, but good thing it’s online too. Brace yourself for cinematic genius.
7. And I am sure you all care that my freak of a 10-month-old is now cutting her 9th tooth. We plan on serving steak on her 1st birthday.
p.s. I realized I never clarified that the baby is no longer sick. It was some sort of 24-hour virus-ish situation. So, if I see you or your kids today know that I am not maliciously exposing them to germies. Said germies have left the building. No fever in over a day.
Update: p.p.s. I forgot to link to Jen. Told you I was lazy.